I can’t believe it is already October. The leaves are changing, the days are getting cooler, and most importantly pumpkin is taking over. So far I have seen pumpkin chips, cheerios, oreos, cereal, coffee, and so many more. So I figured I needed to get into gear and jump on the pumpkin bandwagon by making some healthy pumpkin bread.
This bread is one of the better pumpkin breads I have made. One thing I hate when baking is when something is dry and crumbly. Well, this bread is the complete opposite. And, I didn’t use any butter or oil at all. It stayed super moist thanks to the can of pumpkin and some vanilla Greek yogurt which added some protein as well.
I baked mine for about 55 minutes and it was super moist and maybe a little on the under done side, but that is the texture I love. If you don’t like it like that and want it a bit more cooked, bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes. Either way, you surely won’t be disappointed.
And, for fun and flavor, I lathered some D’s Naturals brownie batter almond fluff butter. It is a dairy free, gluten free, and vegan protein almond butter that tastes amazing! Or, you could just be simple and it the bread straight up. It’s delicious no matter how you slice it!
Healthy Pumpkin Bread (Gluten Free)
Author: Spencer Miller
This gluten free pumpkin bread is not only healthy and packed full of nutrients, but it is also moist and delicious as well!
- 2 cups oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 15oz canned pumpkin (1 can)
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. stevia (or other preferred granulated sweetener)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients. Pour flower into wet ingredients ⅓ at a time while gently stirring together. Be careful not to over mix batter.
- Line a loaf pan with foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 55 minutes to an hour or until a knife comes out clean. Enjoy!
For super moist and a little bit gooey in the center, bake for 55 minutes. For completely cooked, bake for roughly 1 hour to an hour and 5 minutes.