Hey Guys! Sorry I have been MIA for so long! I have had a really busy summer with work and getting ready for my first year of college at the University of Arizona. I have a good friend out here with a house, and he has been kind enough to let me cook some recipes as long as I leave a little extra for him!
But anyway, I am going to be posting some recipes again, starting off with this delicious chocolate banana protein sheet pancake. My friend gave me the idea for it, and I am so glad I tried it. It’s basically like a big square of fluffy pancake.
To give it some delicious chocolate flavor and added protein, I used Ascent chocolate casein protein powder. I love how natural it is with none of the added crap like a lot of protein powders. Oh, and, they are now offering it in 4lb bags!
Also, in the batter, I mashed up a couple super ripe bananas to sweeten it and give it a delicious chocolate banana bread flavor. And lastly, I had to slice up some extra banana and sprinkle it with a bunch of chocolate chips for extra flavor and to make it look pretty!
Chocolate Banana Protein Sheet Pancakes
Author: Spencer Miller
- Serves: 8 servings
- Serving size: 1 large pancake
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 66
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 18
These chocolate banana protein sheet pancakes are super quick and easy to whip up to make for a week of delicious on-the-go breakfasts packed with protein and nutrients!
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cacao powder (cocoa powder)
- 2 scoops Ascent chocolate casein protein powder
- 4 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 cups milk (I used unsweetened cashew)
- 4 eggs
- 1 large banana, for topping
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425F. Mix flour, cacao powder, protein powder, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, mashed banana, milk, and honey. Whisk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Gently fold together until a smooth batter is formed. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Line a 9x13x1/2 inch baking tray with foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour batter into baking sheet. Spread evenly. Slice banana into thin slices. Place sliced banana on top of batter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 425F for 10-15 minutes. Check at 10 minutes by poking with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. Mine was done at 10 minutes.
These could easily be cut into 16 pancakes instead of 8. If you cut them into 8, each one will be plenty enough for a hearty breakfast!