I had some blueberries I needed to use up and I couldn’t decide what I wanted to make at first. Then, I figured that I can never go wrong with making a mug cake. They are quick, easy, and most importantly delicious. So, the recipe became a chocolate chip blueberry mug cake.
As you have seen from almost all of my recipes, I have a slight addiction with chocolate. I pretty much add it to my recipes any chance I get. This time was no different. It might not sound good at first, but chocolate chips and blueberries go awesome together!
So, the cake has chocolate chips and blueberries inside. I also added a scoop of vanilla pea protein. If you don’t have pea protein or don’t like it, you can substitute it for casein. I love that both pea protein and casein give the cake a super moist and dense texture. No one likes dry cake!
Then, to finish it all off, I topped it with a vanilla protein icing, a drizzle of melted dark chocolate, and of course some more blueberries.
Blueberry Chocolate Chip Protein Mug Cake
Author: Spencer Miller
This healthy blueberry chocolate chip protein cake is moist and dense. Topped with a vanilla protein icing, melted dark chocolate, and more blueberries it is the perfect healthy treat!
Blueberry Chocolate Chip Cake
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 1 scoop True Nutrition vanilla pea protein powder (or casein protein powder)
- cinnamon to taste
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 6 tbsp. milk (I used almond)
- 1 whole egg
- stevia/preferred sweetener to taste
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp. dark chocolate chips, divided
Vanilla Protein Icing
- 2 tbsp. vanilla pea protein (or casein)
- ¼ cup milk
- stevia/sweetener to taste
- Mix flour, protein powder, cinnamon, and baking powder in a bowl. Add egg, milk, and sweetener. Mix until a smooth batter forms. Add blueberries and 1 tbsp. of the chocolate chips. Stir into batter until incorporated.
- Spray a mug or small bowl with nonstick spray. Microwave cake for 1:00. Then microwave for another 30 seconds. If needed, microwave again in 15 second intervals. Total cooke time about 1:30 to 2:00.
- Once cooked, mix vanilla icing ingredients. Melt remaining chocolate chips in a small bowl. Put melted chocolate in a small ziplock bag. Drizzle cake with vanilla icing. Cut end off of ziplock bag and drizzle melted chocolate over top of cake. Top with more blueberries and enjoy!