I honestly don’t know that last time I made chia pudding, which is pretty sad considering how delicious it is. But not only delicious, it’s also super healthy and packed full of nutrients. Chia seeds are one of the best super foods out there!
I used my Ascent chocolate whey protein in this recipe and it was an awesome complement to the intense chocolate flavor of the cocoa powder. You really can’t beat chocolate pudding especially when it is packed with protein and healthy.
For this chia pudding, I actually put it in the blender. I had never done that before. Typically, I always just put the chia seeds in with the other ingredients and mix. However, this time, I blended it all together and it made for a much creamier chia pudding. I will definitely be doing it the same way next time!
Chocolate Chia Protein Pudding
This creamy and decadent chocolate chia protein pudding is the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert when you are looking for something a little sweet but also packed with nutrients and protein.
Author: Spencer Miller
Serves: 8 servings
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 scoops protein
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup agave (honey or maple syrup)
- Add all ingredients to a powerful blender. Blend on medium for about 5 minutes, or until mixture starts to become thick and smooth.
- Once blended, transfer to a bowl or large container with lid. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight, to let thicken.
- Once chilled, divide into 6-8 portions. Top with berries, chocolate chips, granola, or whatever you like. Enjoy!
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 130 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 14 Sugar: 8 Fiber: 5 Protein: 9