I really can’t believe Christmas is already here. It felt like just yesterday it was 70 degrees and sunny in November! I haven’t even had the time to make all the Christmas themed recipes I have been wanting to make. I finally got around to making these Christmas protein brownies.
They are so good. I basically used my tried and true black bean protein brownie recipe, and then I added some holiday flare. If you have never had my black bean protein brownies, you are in for a huge treat. You don’t taste the black beans at all. All you taste is a dense, fudgy, and chocolatey brownie.
Once the brownies were baked, that’s when I started to get creative. I’ve always wanted to create a ganache. I figured I might as well try a white chocolate ganache. After making the ganache and topping the brownies with it, I covered half with some crushed peppermint candy and the other half with some Christmas sprinkles.
Of course, you can just melt white chocolate and top the brownies with that as well, but it won’t be as smooth as the ganache. Or, you can create a dark chocolate ganache, or even no chocolate on top at all to cut a few extra calories! Just get creative and enjoy these amazing brownies!
Christmas Protein Brownies
Author: Spencer Miller
- Serves: 16 brownies
- Serving size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Sugar: 9
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
These healthy and delicious protein brownies are moist, fudgy, chocolatey and topped with white chocolate ganache and all the fun Christmas toppings to make the perfect brownies for the holidays.
Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 scoop Beast Sports chocolate protein powder
- 6 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
- ¼ cup nut butter (peanut butter or almond butter work great)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. granulated stevia/preferred sweetener
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
White Chocolate Ganache (optional, but delicious)*
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint candy
- 2-3 tbsp. Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Process until a thick, but smooth batter forms.
- Line an 8x8 cake pan with foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Spoon batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Check at 15 minutes to make sure they don’t over bake.
- Once cooked, let completely cool and make white chocolate ganache.
- Add heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 1:00 to 1:30 or until boiling.
- Pour heavy cream over top of white chocolate chips. Stir to incorporate and melt the chocolate chips.
- Let ganache cool to room temperature and thicken. Pour over top of cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle ½ the brownies with crushed peppermint candy and the other ½ with Christmas sprinkles.
- Cut into 16 brownies and enjoy!
* You can just melt white chocolate and top the brownies with it, but it will not be smooth and creamy like a ganache. Or you can make a dark chocolate ganache, or even no chocolate on top at all. Whatever you like!