Ok, so you all now how much I love my chocolate and peanut butter. Seriously. I can’t be controlled when I’m around either of them. I think since being in college I have eaten at least a WHOLE jar of peanut butter per week! The chocolate consumption is definitely up there too. Can someone say peanut butter chocolate chip sandwiches?!? #dormlife
But anyway, instead of the boring peanut butter chocolate chip sandwiches, it made sense to make something a little more exciting and tasty. And so, we have these delicious Peanut Butter Swirl Black Bean Protein Brownies.
I really think black bean brownies are one of my favorite desserts to make. Not just because they are so delicious, but because they are also really healthy. You can get in a nice serving of protein and fiber, and east your dessert at the same time! I’m a huge fan of that, and it gives me an excuse to eat even more brownies!
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed very well)
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (or a vegan protein/blend protein)
- ½ cup (40g) quick oats
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp.(50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup + 2tbsp. (96g) natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup (56g) coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup (60g) canned pumpkin puree*
- ½ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips**
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add rinsed black beans, oats, ¼ cup of the peanut butter, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, honey, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract to food processor.
- Blend until a thick, smooth batter forms. Add remaining ingredients except for chocolate chips.
- Blend again until you have a smooth batter. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp. of peanut butter in a small bowl in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Add peanut butter in 5-6 spots around the top of the batter. Swirl peanut butter into batter with a knife.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Different ovens will vary, but be careful not to over bake them or they will become dry.
- Once cooked, let cool, slice, and enjoy!
**I used ¼ cup dark chocolate chips and ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips