I had to have breakfast for dinner tonight. I find myself having some sort of breakfast food for dinner pretty often. Tonight I decided that I wanted to have some French toast again after having waffles and pancakes pretty recently. The flavor I decided to go with is berry peanut butter protein French toast.
The French toast is just one of my typical French toast recipes with whole wheat bread, egg, egg white, milk, protein powder and cinnamon. If you want more peanut butter flavor you could always add some into the egg mixture. Of course, you probably don’t need to if you top it with peanut butter and chocolate peanut butter protein bar.
After having this French toast, I can’t wait to make some more. It was just so delicious. There is something I love about a fluffy piece of cinnamon French toast. And the mixed berry sauce on top made it even better. The berry sauce was really easy to make. It is literally just berries and some sugar free maple syrup that I sautéed together for a few minutes. Sometimes the simplest things are the best!
- Serves: 1 serving
- Serving size: french toast and berry sauce
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Sugar: 11
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 31
- French Toast
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- ½ scoop (17g) MusclePharm vanilla combat protein powder
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup milk (any milk is fine)
- stevia to taste
- Berry Sauce
- ½ cup (70g) frozen mixed berries
- 3 tbsp. sugar free maple syrup
- Preheat pan or griddle to medium/high heat. Mix egg, egg white, milk, protein powder, cinnamon and stevia in a bowl.
- Soak each piece of bread in egg mixture on each side for a minute or two. Spray pan or griddle with nonstick spray. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Once French toast is cooked, set out on a separate plate. Add berries and maple syrup to pan. Simmer for about 5 minutes until berries soften and a sauce is created.
- Top French toast with berry mixture, peanut butter, and chocolate peanut butter protein bar if desired. Enjoy!