I kind of cycle through the different recipes I make. It would get kind of boring if I only made pancakes everyday (though it would be very delicious). Instead of making pancakes or waffles for breakfast, I decided to go with some chocolate cream filled protein french toast. If that doesn’t sound like an amazing breakfast, I am not sure what does!
As I was scrolling through Pinterest I saw some strawberries and cream french toast. It looked amazing, so I figured I would try something like it. Since I pretty much love anything chocolate, I had to make a chocolate cream filling. It is really simple, and protein packed. It is just Greek yogurt, chocolate or vanilla combat protein powder, cocoa powder, and stevia until desired sweetness.
The french toast is pretty much your typical french toast. The majority of the flavor comes from the filling and the toppings. I added a drizzle of chocolate peanut butter sauce over the top of the stack of french toast. Then I sprinkled on some mini chocolate chips. You can never go wrong adding chocolate chips!
Chocolate Cream Protein French Toast
Author: Spencer Miller
- Serves: 1 serving
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 49
- Sugar: 12
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 39
Delicious whole wheat cinnamon french toast filled with chocolate protein cream and topped with chocolate peanut butter and mini chocolate chips.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp. milk (any milk is fine)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- stevia to taste
Chocolate Cream Filling
- ⅓ cup (75g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ scoop (17g) MusclePharm vanilla or chocolate combat protein powder
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (more if you want a darker chocolate taste)
- stevia to taste
- 2 tsp. (10g) mini chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. (12g) chocolate peanut flour mixed w/ stevia and water
- Preheat pan to medium/high heat. Whisk together egg, egg white, milk, cinnamon and stevia in a bowl.
- Mix Greek yogurt, protein powder, coocoa powder, and stevia in a small bowl. Spread chocolate cream onto one slice of bread. Top with second slice to make a sandwich.
- Soak in egg mixture on each side for about 20-30 seconds. Spray pan with cooking spray. Cook for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Slice french toast diagonally to let the chocolate cream to show and ooze out. Top with chocolate peanut butter and mini chocolate chips. Enjoy!