I’ve been experimenting lately with the things I eat during my rides. Last week I’d just eat my healthy banana bread on the rides, but this week I have something new. I decided to make some double chocolate protein energy bites.
These are awesome because they are made with all natural ingredients, have great energy from the oats and dates, and of course taste amazing thanks to the chocolate chips and chocolate Ascent casein protein powder.
You can roll the into balls like I did, or they would also be awesome as bars. In fact, I think I will make them into bars next time to make them easier to store in my jersey pockets when training on the bike. But, no matter what shape you form them into, they are amazingly delicious, healthy, and nutritious. You certainly can’t go wrong with that.
Chocolate Protein Energy Bites
Author: Spencer Miller
- Serves: 15 bites
- Serving size: 1 bite
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Sugar: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
These decadent chocolate bites are filled with protein and nutrients. They are the perfect on the go healthy snack when you need some energy!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup whole, pitted dates
- ⅓ cup natural creamy peanut butter (or almond butter)
- ¼ cup milk (any milk is fine)
- 1 scoop Ascent chocolate casein protein powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Add oats, dates, peanut butter, protein powder and salt to a food processor. Blend.
- Heat chocolate in the microwave until melted. Add melted chocolate, milk, and protein powder.
- Blend/process again until a thick, smooth batter forms. Roll into 15 1-inch balls. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!