I don’t know how long it has been since I have made baked oatmeal. And, if I can’t remember, then it has definitely been way too long. So, I finally made some again with this berry protein oatmeal, and it is oh so good!
Ever since receiving my new Ascent protein in the mail a few weeks ago, I have been putting it to the test with different recipes. They were kind enough to send me 4 of them, including chocolate/vanilla casein and chocolate/vanilla whey.
In this recipe, I made used of the vanilla whey. It is awesome because it is one of the cleanest proteins I have found, and super high quality. The vanilla flavor paired perfectly with the berries in this recipe. I could have eaten the whole thing in one sitting!
Berry Protein Baked Oatmeal
Author: Spencer Miller
- Serves: 10 servings
- Serving size: 1/10 recipe
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 9
This healthy and delicious protein baked oatmeal is a great change to the classic oatmeal and perfect for an easy grab-and-go breakfast!
- 2½ cups old fashioned rolled oats*
- 2 scoops Ascent vanilla whey protein
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk (I used almond, but any is fine)
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 tbsp. agave syrup**
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen, mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix oats, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add milk, eggs, agave syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry. Gently mix until combined.
- Pour in coconut oil while continually stirring to incorporate.
- Finally, add mixed berries. Gently fold berries into batter.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan with coconut oil or spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake at 375 for about 35-40 minutes. Cut into 10 slices and enjoy!