Today, I decided that it has been too long since I have had a stack of delicious protein pancakes. Of course, for me, a long time is about two weeks. I kind of start to go through withdrawals when I don’t have my pancakes. Not literally, but I was really craving some pancakes. Especially some chocolate brownie protein pancakes.
There are two reasons that I decided to go with chocolate brownie flavored pancakes for this recipe. The first one is pretty obvious. I love brownies and pretty much anything chocolate flavored. The second reason is that I recently got a generous package of goodies from MusclePharm and they included some of their new chocolate brownie combat protein bars. The bars are pretty awesome in case you were wondering!
The pancakes are made with chocolate milk combat powder. Pretty much everything about them were chocolate. I topped them with some chocolate brownie SweetSpreads coconut butter and some melted Amber Lyn sugar free milk chocolate. After all of that, I cut up part of a chocolate brownie combat bar and added it on. If you love chocolate, these are definitely the perfect pancakes for you!
Chocolate Brownie Protein Pancakes
Healthy and fluffy chocolate protein pancakes topped with chocolate coconut butter, melted sugar free milk chocolate, and chocolate brownie protein bar.
Author: Spencer Miller
Serves: 1 serving
- ½ cup (60g) whole wheat flour
- 1 scoop (35g) MusclePharm chocolate milk combat powder
- 1 tbsp. (5g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. granulated stevia or erythritol
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. (90g) canned pumpkin*
- 3 tbsp. milk (any milk is fine)
- 1 tbsp. (16g) chocolate coconut butter
- 1 tbsp. (14g) sugar free milk chocolate chunks, melted
- ½ MusclePharm chocolate brownie combat bar
- Preheat pan or griddle to medium/high heat. Mix flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, stevia, and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix egg, canned pumpkin, and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Gently stir together until smooth. Batter will be thick.Spoon onto griddle evenly to make 4 medium sized pancakes. Cook for about 3 minutes per side.
- Top pancakes with chocolate coconut butter, melted milk chocolate, and chopped up chocolate brownie combat protein bar. Enjoy!
* Pumpkin can be substituted for an equal amount of mashed banana, Greek yogurt, or applesauce. The texture and end result will differ slightly and might not be quite as moist as it would be using pumpkin.
Serving size: 4 pancakes (without toppings) Calories: 450 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 56 Sugar: 5 Fiber: 13 Protein: 40