Ice cream is great. Pancakes are great too. But, when you combine them, it is simply out of this world. Who needs maple syrup for their pancakes? You can just be like me and top them with ice cream and peanut butter!
The inspiration for this stack came when I was watching “Best Thing I Ever Ate” on Food Network. The theme for the episode was ice cream and there were a bunch of amazing looking Sundae’s.
The pancakes are chocolate protein pancakes because chocolate is my favorite thing ever. I suppose you could make them any flavor you want and it would still taste delicious with vanilla ice cream on top.
Ice Cream Sundae Protein Pancakes
Fluffy chocolate protein pancakes drizzled with melted peanut butter and topped with vanilla almond milk ice cream and chocolate sprinkles.
Author: Spencer Miller
Serves: 1 serving
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 scoop Chocolate protein powder*
- 1½ tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- sweetener to taste
- ¼-1/2 cup milk (I used almond)
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Vanilla almond milk ice cream
- 2 tbsp. natural creamy peanut butter
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat pan or griddle to medium/high heat. Mix flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sweetener to taste. Add milk, egg, and vanilla extract. Gently fold together until a smooth batter forms.
- Spray griddle with nonstick spray. Spoon batter onto griddle to make 6 medium sized pancakes. Cook for a couple minutes per side.
- Heat peanut butter in the microwave. Drizzle peanut butter over top the pancakes. Top pancakes with ice cream and chocolate sprinkles. Enjoy!
*If you use whey, you will need a little less milk. If you use casein, you will need a little more milk.
Serving size: pancakes only Calories: 440 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 47 Sugar: 4 Fiber: 8 Protein: 38