If you like pudding and have never made chia pudding, then you are seriously missing out. It is so creamy as well as being packed with protein, fiber, and all sorts of nutrients.
For this one I went with a blueberry lemon theme. I know, it is crazy when I make a recipe that doesn’t have chocolate or peanut butter in it. I have been really enjoying experimenting with my Ascent lemon sorbet whey protein. This is yet another successful recipe made with it!
This particular chia pudding is so creamy thanks to adding some whole milk yogurt to it. Of course, if you want less fat/calories, you could use some nonfat Greek yogurt as well. I also used a combination of proteins. I used the lemon sorbet flavored whey as well as some Ascent vanilla casein.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it is also about as healthy as it gets. It is perfect to make ahead and have for breakfast, a snack, or even after dinner dessert. It is so versatile and that is what I love about chia pudding.
Blueberry Lemon Chia Protein Pudding
Author: Spencer Miller
This blueberry lemon chia protein pudding is super thick and creamy and packed with nutrients. Pudding doesn't get healthier than this!
- 1 cup yogurt*
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or preferred milk)
- 1½ scoops Ascent lemon sorbet whey protein powder
- 1 scoop Ascent vanilla casein protein powder
- 5 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup (or agave/honey)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Add all ingredients except for blueberries to a large bowl. Whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Add blueberries to the mixture and gently fold in. Put a lid or saran wrap over the bowl. Place in fridge over night to let thicken.
- Once mixture has thickened, divide into 4 servings, top with fresh blueberries and lemon zest, and enjoy!
*I used plain unsweetened whole milk yogurt. I love the creaminess it has. However, you can use any yogurt you desire. Preferably something thick such as greek yogurt or whole milk yogurt.