I didn’t really know what to make the other day, but of course I wanted chocolate and peanut butter (what a surprise haha). I also didn’t really want to take the time to wait for something to bake. Alas, these amazing no-bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars were made.
I used my delicious chocolate Ascent casein protein in this particular recipe. You could try whey protein, but I would highly recommend casein. Casein and whey act very differently with how much liquid they absorb, so the exact measurements from this recipe certainly won’t work the same with whey. But, these are so good, even if you don’t already have some casein, go buy some and make these bars because they are awesome.
The base of the bar is chocolate and peanut butter flavored from a combination chocolate casein, peanut butter, and a few other healthy ingredients. Then, I had to top it with chocolate. No good protein bar can be left without a chocolate coating. The chocolate coating is super easy and healthy also. Just some dark chocolate chips and a bit of coconut oil.
It really doesn’t get much easier, healthier, or delicious than this. And what is not to love about that?
- Serves: 8 bars
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Sugar: 6
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 15
- *Protein Bars
- 3 scoops Ascent chocolate casein protein
- ¾ cup oat flour (1 cup oats, ground into flour)
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or preferred milk)
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- sweetener to taste
- *Chocolate Coating
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips*
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Add protein powder, oat flour, and coconut flour to a large bowl. Mix.
- Heat peanut butter in the microwave for about 15 seconds to make it a little runny.
- Add peanut butter and almond milk to dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly until a thick, almost cookie dough-like, batter forms.
- Press batter into a small baking dish lined with foil. Let chill in fridge while making chocolate coating.
- Heat chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Spread melted chocolate over top of bars.
- Place back in the fridge to set until chocolate hardens. Cut into 8 bars and enjoy!