It summer now, so that means it’s time for some ice cold protein smoothies. For me, there is nothing more refreshing than a cold protein smoothie after a hard ride or workout.
This smoothie is one that I experimented with a little bit. I recently got the Ascent lemon sorbet protein powder and wanted to see how it would work in a smoothie. When I was younger, I would always eat orange creamsicles in the summer so I figured I’d try a lemon orange combo.
It turned out awesome. This thing literally tasted like the orange creamsicle we all know and love. I split the recipe in half and gave the other half to my brother’s girlfriend. She completely agreed with me that the taste was spot on.
The smoothie turned out super smooth and creamy. It had the perfects hints of lemon and orange. I am honestly surprised at how awesome it turned out.
Lemon Creamsicle Protein Smoothie
Author: Spencer Miller
- Serves: 2 servings
- Serving size: ½ recipe
- Calories: 230 calories
- Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 32
This creamy orange-lemon creamsicle protein smoothie is the perfect summer treat when you want something healthy, protein-packed, and delicious!
- 1½ cups ice
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup almond milk (or more orange juice)
- 1 container (150g) vanilla Greek yogurt*
- 2 scoops Ascent lemon sorbet protein powder
- ½ cup orange slices, peeled
- lemon zest for topping (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a strong blender. Blend until a thick, creamy smoothie forms.
- Pour between two large glasses.
- Zest a lemon on top of each if desired. Enjoy!
*You can use regular vanilla yogurt, but it will have much less protein than Greek yogurt and won’t make the smoothie quite as thick.