It is always funny to see what inspires me for different recipes I make. This one was inspired by a flavor of protein peanut butter I received from D’s Naturals. It’s actually called Fluffbutter. But anyway, the flavor is called cocoa glazed cinnamon roll so I decided to make some cinnamon roll chocolate chip protein waffles to go along with it.
In the package they sent me, I got a few other flavors of Fluffbutter as well as some of their No Cow protein bars. Their peanut butters and protein bars are perfect because they are gluten free, vegan, dairy free, and a bunch of other awesome things. It goes right along with the low dairy and gluten regimen I have been trying to do lately.
But anyway, back to the waffles. They are obviously cinnamon flavored waffles and I added chocolate chips to the batter because everyone loves chocolate chips. Then, I made a cream cheese icing to drizzle over them. Then, I drizzled over some of the cocoa cinnamon Fluffbutter and lastly I finished them off with some more chocolate chips. Boom!
Cinnamon Roll Chocolate Chip Protein Waffles
Cinnamon roll waffles filled with chocolate chips and topped with cream cheese icing, cocoa cinnamon roll peanut butter, and more chocolate chips.
Author: Spencer Miller
Serves: 1 large serving
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 scoop Cinnamon Bun rice protein powder (or whey/casein blend)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- a couple dashes of salt
- 1 whole egg
- 6 tbsp. milk (I used almond)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Icing
- ½ tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- ½ tbsp. sugar free cheesecake pudding mix
- 3 tbsp. milk or water
- 1 tsp. dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. D’s Naturals cocoa glazed cinnamon roll protein peanut butter
- Preheat waffle iron to medium/high heat. Mix flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Gently mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Add chocolate chips and stir into batter. Spray waffle iron with nonstick spray. Spoon batter into waffle iron to make 4 small waffles. Cook for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- While waffles are cooking, mix all cream cheese icing ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle icing over waffles once done.
- Heat peanut butter in microwave and drizzle over waffles as well. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and enjoy!
Serving size: 4 waffles (without toppings) Calories: 350 Carbohydrates: 40 Sugar: 5 Fiber: 7 Protein: 35