I was lucky enough to get some of the new Lemon Sorbet protein powder in the mail from Ascent. It doesn’t officially release until May 9th, but I have been able to try it and experiment with it over the past few weeks.
For this recipe I decided on some lemon raspberry protein muffins. I have to say, I nailed it. The flavors are awesome. Lemon and raspberry go together so well. I don’t often bake things with lemon flavors, but I am sure glad I did this time. I forgot how much I love lemon!
The only lemon flavoring I used in the batter was the flavor of the lemon sorbet protein powder. It has such an amazing flavor that no lemon juice and zest was needed in the batter.
To top them off, I made a little bit of a lemon glaze. You can leave it off if you’d like, but it really takes the muffins to the next level. It’s super easy. Just some powdered sugar and lemon juice!
Lemon Raspberry Protein Muffins
- Serves: 12 muffins
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Sugar: 9
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 8
These healthy and delicious lemon protein muffins have the perfect hint of lemon combined with fresh raspberry to make the ultimate muffin flavor combo!
- 1¼ cups white/whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops Ascent lemon sorbet whey protein powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- ⅓ cup liquid coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add flour, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a bowl. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, coconut oil, egg, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Gently fold together until a smooth batter is formed. Add raspberries and gently stir into batter.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Use a medium sized cookie scoop to put about ⅓ cup of batter into each of the 12 spots in the muffin tin.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice to make glaze. Drizzle glaze over top of muffins. Enjoy!